The Beginning of this Journey...

The Lord began this journey towards our second adoption about 1 year ago. He put on our hearts to sponsor Kay - at Harmony Outreach and we did. When i first saw her, i fell in love with her and prayed for her to join our family. It wasn't until May 2008 that the Lord began to use her to open our hearts to adoption again. That was when we had John Bentley from Harmony Outreach (her foster program) staying with us and he told us that Kay was ready to be adopted internationally. We prayed about her and began the adoption process again. Unfortunately, it wasn't in God's plan for her to join our family but He did use her to open our hearts up to adoption again and we are excited to see where He takes us. We are Trusting in Him.

The Lord has brought Maylynn into our lives and hearts on Nov. 21st (that is when we received her referral). We are excited to see Him bring her home to us. Please pray for the rest of our journey. We can't wait to bring Maylynn home...

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maylynn's Gotcha Moment

So... here is Maylynn's gotcha moment - it is totally opposite of Hayleigh's :( The person holding the camera is our guide and at one pt. during the taping he had to run over to get a document.

3 comments:

mrs. c said...

Oh Kirsten!! What a crazy moment! All those kids must be so confused. Thank you for sharing this. I'm preparing myself for when it's my turn.

The Ordinary Horse said...

Oh Kirsten, I just watched this video; it is so emotional to watch. My heart hurt for you watching Maylynn try to shut you out; and seeing her bury herself into dad's shoulder. You prepare yourself for that possibility, but are always hopeful that they'll smile away in your arms. I remember when Eliza first came to us and fortunately, she went to both of us, but cried non-stop and wouldn't looks at us for what seemed like almost an hour. She finally leaned her head back, looked me in the eyes and stopped crying. It was such a tough moment and so hard. Maylynn will bond with you both faster and stronger because of it. Thanks for putting this on your blog...counting down the 8 more days until I leave for Nanning to meet my daughter; surreal to think that you met her first!

Paula -- CutieFruity said...

Kirsten! I was just watching Aurthur and Binky's mom and dad announced they wanted to adopted a sister named Maylynn from China and I had to come find your blog to see how things went. This video was hard to watch! I felt so bad, but I"m so happy that things are going better now. Congrats to all of you. I'm glad everyone is adjusting well.