The Beginning of this Journey...

The Lord began this journey towards our second adoption about 1 year ago. He put on our hearts to sponsor Kay - at Harmony Outreach and we did. When i first saw her, i fell in love with her and prayed for her to join our family. It wasn't until May 2008 that the Lord began to use her to open our hearts to adoption again. That was when we had John Bentley from Harmony Outreach (her foster program) staying with us and he told us that Kay was ready to be adopted internationally. We prayed about her and began the adoption process again. Unfortunately, it wasn't in God's plan for her to join our family but He did use her to open our hearts up to adoption again and we are excited to see where He takes us. We are Trusting in Him.

The Lord has brought Maylynn into our lives and hearts on Nov. 21st (that is when we received her referral). We are excited to see Him bring her home to us. Please pray for the rest of our journey. We can't wait to bring Maylynn home...

Thursday, May 28, 2009

More paperwork for our I-800

Holy Cow! I thought we were done with the paperwork but i guess not! Yesterday i spent at least 3 hours doing paperwork and i still need to do more for Lance's Visa. Yes you heard it - Lance is going with me! Such a relief to have made that decision - i am so happy -it brings tears to my eyes. We thought that we wouldn't have to make that determination until after we got our I-800 approval (the extra step that Hague requires now - and we are the first family from our agency to do it - lucky us! )- our agency has been great and on top of things so far:) But in order to fill out the I-800 you have to decide now! In my heart, i feel that it is the right decision and we are hoping that our loved one's will be okay at home without us... so, it's been really hard to focus on other things - I've been trying to get things going for the orphan conference that we are doing in the fall, getting our website going for that and several other things that have to do with our orphan ministry, but all i want to do now is get ready for bringing Maylynn home. I need to figure out if i should get her a matching dresser like Hayleigh's or just use the rubbermaid drawers that she used for the past 3 years - how i should rearrange the toys and stuff in their room - what size of clothes i should pull out and evaluate (although, i am waiting to hear her update height and weight) - start packing the toys we want to bring to China - start thinking about what we need to pack - i should probably print off some chinese phrases to catch up on... My brain is just going and going and i have 3 other children at home that i need to tend to - yikes! No wonder my brain hurt last night and i went to bed before they did!!

If you can't tell, we are so excited! A year ago, i wouldn't have thought that i'd be going to China to bring home another precious daughter! It is amazing what God can do is such a short amount of time -you just need to have your heart and mind open to what he's telling you to do:)

POST LOA TIP: Go online and fill out your I-800, DS-230 & I-864W form NOW!!! :)

1 comment:

Jolene Powell said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I am so sorry you didn't get a chance to do your paperwork before LOA. That's tough. I have met at least 2 other families in WA right now doing sn adoptions. That's funny that my blog came up under that search...I've complained about it enough the words must show up over and over! LOL! I hope the rest of your journey is smooth.