The Beginning of this Journey...

The Lord began this journey towards our second adoption about 1 year ago. He put on our hearts to sponsor Kay - at Harmony Outreach and we did. When i first saw her, i fell in love with her and prayed for her to join our family. It wasn't until May 2008 that the Lord began to use her to open our hearts to adoption again. That was when we had John Bentley from Harmony Outreach (her foster program) staying with us and he told us that Kay was ready to be adopted internationally. We prayed about her and began the adoption process again. Unfortunately, it wasn't in God's plan for her to join our family but He did use her to open our hearts up to adoption again and we are excited to see where He takes us. We are Trusting in Him.

The Lord has brought Maylynn into our lives and hearts on Nov. 21st (that is when we received her referral). We are excited to see Him bring her home to us. Please pray for the rest of our journey. We can't wait to bring Maylynn home...

Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm done...

Emotionally – I can’t take this waiting anymore.  It is very discouraging.  I’m am at the point that I need to put this whole adoption out of my mind right now or I am going to go crazy.  But, I don’t’ want to put it out of my mind though b/c a part of me feels that I’ll be putting Maylynn out of my mind too and I don’t want that – I just want her home. 

 

My agency hasn’t been able to find anything out from the TA lady.  Lily (our china liaison) said that the TA lady was out sick all week – well, since we didn’t receive our TA yet –that must mean that our papers are probably sitting on her desk waiting to be signed.  And if the papers are on her desk waiting to be signed, then we will not be leaving for China next week.  This is super upsetting to us.  We were so hoping to be leaving tomorrow – I guess He has something else planned for us.  We don’t know what and it will only be revealed when He wants it to be.  Right now we can only see the bad – the earliest that we will be able to go now is Aug. 8th (due to the fact that my parents will be gone the 1st two weeks in Aug and we need their help and the fact that the boys will be away at camp and we don’t want to be away from Taylor for 4 straight weeks) – also, airfare is higher in August (we thought the airfare was high in July – I guess we were wrong – not sure how we will make up the difference??) and return flights from China are also difficult to find (so, who know if we will be able to come back right when we need to??)

 

I am having a real hard time finding the good in all of this – I sure hope He reveals His plan soon.

 

So – I’m done posting until I have something good to report… and I don’t expect anything good until who knows??? Maybe next Friday????  In the meantime, I am going to try to have fun with my kids for the next few weeks of summer – I just wish that Maylynn was here too!   

 

BTW – if we weren’t a new Hague family, we would be home with Maylynn right now – many that got their LOA the same day we did and are under the old process i-600 are there and back with their childL

 

A friend posted this on FB today – I think it was for meJ

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:6-7)

1 comment:

Jolene Powell said...

I hope you see this! I want you to know I totally understand and I think I was where you are two days ago. I'm still somewhat upset, but I'm a lot more at peace. God will grant you that peace too. We don't understand His timing, but we know that He is good to us, and at the end of all this, we will have a mighty testimony to show how God was in control all the time and made our journey one that shows His glory and goodness. Have a peacefu weekend!